Friday, December 14, 2018

Ty, the Pro

Ty has been talking the last few days about the world his friend wants him to build for her. This girl insists she wants a giant pink house with a large swimming pool and a water slide. Ty has been planning and processing how to make all her Minecraft dreams come true. He has lamented his limited "resources" and how he can gather more. My first thoughts were in awe of the little girl who has him willing to work so hard for her and then a little concerned he may be a pushover when it comes to pretty girls, even though evidence at home indicates I have nothing to fear. Ahem. Anyway, today at lunch, my little engineer was still contemplating how to provide all she desires and then allowed me in on a secret, "I will make her a big pink house but she won't be able to walk to the door. I am making it a parkour and she will have to jump over landmines to get into her house."

Since it is often dark by five o'clock each evening, we often play games to pass the few hours between dinner and bedtime. Ty loves Uno the most followed by bowling on the Wii. Tonight Greg and I challenged him to a game to prevent further taunting of his sister and her friend. As he realized how close he was to becoming a pro bowler, he was determined to achieve that status tonight.  Six games later, his parents surrendered and he played one more game on his own. He is quite proud of his accomplishment., "I can't wait for my friends to see the stars on my bowling ball." Apparently bragging rights have been earned.

No comments: