Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve was my day to have Lauren, Taylor and Austin so we had breakfast followed by our traditional sibling gift exchange. The kids enjoy drawing names to see who they get to give a present to each year and this year was no exception.






Taylor challenged Greg to a turkey cook-off knowing our kids prefer roasted turkey to Greg's smoked despite how hard I worked to raise them well. Taylor won bragging rights at the end of the day even though several admitted to being torn and a boisterous chant to call my rosemary rolls the ultimate winner.

















When the kids bring a new friend around the entire family, they either fit in or run scared. I think Cody fit in.....







Once he was asleep, I recalled we hadn't read Twas the Night Before Christmas and felt rather guilty. He isn't discussing the man in red nor is he interested in Christmas movies this year. I know in my gut the magic is gone but haven't yet had the heart to ask him what he thinks. Neither of us is quite ready to finalize his suspicions.

But he is proud of the pizzelles he made and also selected his favorite peppermint bark to accompany one on Santa's treat plate.



No comments: