Sunday, December 23, 2018

Twas the Week Before Christmas......


Since the kids are staying at Taylor's dad's house, our visits are limited to a few hours every other day or so. We are embracing all the time we can. His sweet grin and happy disposition make the time fly. He is busy, to say the least but enjoying all the attention he has been showered upon him.



Kate begged for a Christmas cookie baking day, so I supplied ingredients and cleared an afternoon to accommodate. And then she chose to spend time with sisters instead. I suddenly envisioned an afternoon spent sipping tea and reading to best prepare for the eighteen we will be feeding tomorrow. Santa was likely not going to be impressed with our measly Christmas Eve offering but I know how little Santa actually needs to consume. But then Ty recalled my great Aunt Janet's pizzelles and jumped in to help. He made every last cookie.

Kristin and her family drove down to spend the day yesterday which was delightful and not photographed. Again. It was a great day full of laughter and love. Ethan upon hugging me goodbye asked if we would see each other again next Saturday too. I wish, Ethan. I wish.

Kate babysat for the first time officially on Friday night. Given the later hour, I went along to offer back-up if needed. She was a natural and it gave me the opportunity to pull out the camera that hasn't been seeing much love lately.


No comments: