Saturday, September 28, 2013

Family Photos

A few months ago, I asked Anne if she could help me with something and then quickly went on to say I was going to haul my couch out into the field. Before I could finish my thought, Anne had a bewildered expression on her face. I went on....and then I want to take family photos on it. I think early fall would be gorgeous. If you would take our photos, I would be happy to reciprocate and you can also use my couch if the idea appeals to you. Anne just stared for a minute and then hesitantly agreed to my suggestion. She finally confessed she wasn't sure what I was going to do when I started with hauling my couch out into the field. She anticipated spray paint would be involved. Greg believes I deserve this reputation. The sofa is safe. I think.




I realized this week there was a strong possibility we could pull off family photos on Saturday. I confirmed Anne would be available when I noted all my girls were off early enough to permit evening shots. I then emailed a few friends, "pray we can have all three girls convinced their hair is acceptable and Ty willing to cooperate. Never-mind. Pray for a miracle!" Getting this group together with willing spirits is an act of God these days. So, without further delay, some of my favorite outtakes.







Brutus spread out all over the couch, happy to be the center of attention as we attempted a few final shots. We then loaded up the family and took a quick tour of the neighborhood to horrify the teenagers. As Greg says, this parenting gig is far more entertaining now that we embarrass them more than they embarrass us.


Thank you for playing along Anne! We couldn't have pulled this off without you.

4 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

You have such a beautiful family (inside and out)!!

TeamWilmore said...

Oh my gosh - they're AMAZING!!! Such a beautiful family (ditto the above comment)!

Beth Bassler said...

lOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! The last one in the back of the pick up HAS to be blown up! My "precious moments" girls are about all grown up. Miss them so...

Kristin said...

Adorable! You captured everyone's unique personalities as well as the group dynamic. Quite a feat!