Friday, September 27, 2013

Lofty Goals

Wednesday evening Makenna discovered blisters in her mouth. She had a headache, achy body, upset stomach and overall feeling of being ill. Thursday morning she reported she couldn't breathe without mouth pain so she was sent back to bed. After calling the school attendance line, I headed toward the bedroom with my cup of tea to get cleaned up for the day. Devyn arrived early, diverting my plan. But, I started my day with a to do list anyway:

clean floors
bake apple crisp
grocery shop
Kate's schoolwork
meet Karen for tea at 6

By four o'clock, the list looked more like this:
brush teeth
meet Karen at 6:15, come heck or high water (shower and combed hair optional)

Thank God for friends like Karen! I think she would have met me anyway. We sat on a patio for two hours. I didn't stop for groceries. It was glorious. That left today with the same to do list, Lauren's internship and two additional little ones. But Makenna returned to school. Kate wrapped up her school work; grounded for the evening but finished none the less. The extra children were fed, happy and relatively clean when they left my house today. Overall, it was a successful day.

Because most of the week looked more like this, which is it's own kind of success.

Ty is well on his way to full health restoration though. Today for lunch he requested oatmeal, hot dogs, pizza AND watermelon!

Lauren's internship, part time jobs and school transportation have become a royal pain. I am looking forward to her drivers license in December!
Pre-nap walks throughout the neighborhood don't go unnoticed, to say the least. 


1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I loved looking out my window and seeing your little "parade" of baby strollers on your pre-nap walk! So glad everyone is on the mend and feeling better!!