Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is it Friday yet?

I am not going to lie. Nurturing sick people is not my area of expertise. My tolerance for illness in myself or those I love is about 24 hours. After that, I am over it and hope they are too.

This little guy brought hand foot and mouth to our house last week. We still love him. Ty and Devyn developed it this week. Ty is miserable and whiny. Really whiny. All.Night.Long.Whiny. Devyn is a pretty tough girl and not complaining. Just saying.

Ty is improving. He would feel better if he'd accept Motrin for pain relief but he swears he can only take medicine Colby's mom gave him. We all miss Robyn! She was the doctor who prescribed acyclovir for his on-going battle with cold sores. We still use it when he has a nasty outbreak. I tried fibbing to convince him Robyn wanted him to take Motrin. He saw right through it. He doesn't take purple medicine anymore. Mommy might though.

Kate has struggled enough with schoolwork the last few weeks, I reached out to our teacher for assistance. She set Kate up on an intensive language arts program that requires two hours online each day. It isn't the direction I wanted to take but am already seeing improvement. Kate was in tears on Monday because it was taking so long to work through her lesson. Eyes were tired and hurting. She couldn't see the screen clearly. It was so hard, etc....

I unearthed reading glasses Lauren wore in third grade. They were a very low prescription written by Uncle Brad to build confidence. As it turns out, that script is still effective. Kate's eyes were immediately well rested, the screen was clearer and the lesson easy. She looks pretty cute too.


5 comments:

Jill May said...

Kate looks adorable in those! I remember Lauren wearing them, too. I hope Ty feels better soon, that has to be miserable. Was it Makenna that had hand,foot,mouth several times when she was little? And by the way, I'll take a does of that purple stuff if Ty won't take it. Just sayin'.

Baughman Family said...

Yes, Makenna was the one who repeatedly got it. Guess what? She still does! Called into school today with a mouth full of blisters, headache, upset stomach and overall feeling of being ill.

Ty had another very restless night. Mommy's tired.

Baughman Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill May said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Kenna. And Ty. And my poor dear friend! Sigh!!!!! I would strongly consider taking the purple stuff at this point. Or too bad you can't drink wine, that might work better. ;)

Baughman Family said...

I am leaving the house all by myself tonight. Groceries will be involved but so will tea. I will take it!