Monday, September 23, 2013

So long......

The kids are grieving the loss of an old friend. Greg discovered a crack in the frame of the trampoline last week. On Sunday we took it down and located three more cracks hidden in supports. It scares me to think what could have happened had Greg not inspected it. My kids loved that trampoline. Heck, I liked jumping with them too. (Only when I assumed the neighbors weren't home!) Ty has sat in it's place a few times with his head down, sad to have said goodbye. Kate was mastering some pretty awesome flips and is also having a hard time letting it go. Even Erin who jumped late at night misses it. But, there is some good news. Kate put a trampoline on her Christmas list where a puppy used to be!

We now have outdoor toys occupying the area the trampoline was anchored. We're allowing some time to pass before deciding what Santa may or may not do about a replacement. He already lugged one onto his sleigh three years ago. The elves must have been cutting corners in the Orbounder factory in 2010. I mention their name deliberately because I told the new elves in charge of "customer service" I would. We had to replace some springs and the mat in 2011. The pad and enclosure didn't make it through 2012 and the frame fell apart in 2013. That my friends is quality craftsmanship. Take pride Orbounder. Take pride.

These guys created an elaborate super hero mission to rescue overturned construction trucks stuck in sand dunes on Sunday afternoon. Who needs Halloween for costumes or a trampoline for fun?

In all seriousness, if you own a trampoline, please inspect yours. I am so relieved Greg is as safety conscience as he is. Someone could have been seriously injured.

No comments: