Friday, May 24, 2019

Rainbows, Kittens, Field Trips and Health


Sunday morning I was on my porch swing admiring a sunrise rainbow when a tiny intruder interrupted and made herself quite comfortable on my lap, where a book had been resting. My little friend then proceeded to occupy the better part of two days while several neighbors worked to reunite her with her family. Fortunately by Monday evening, I had word one was successful and "Kitten" as we had been calling her went home, much to the dismay of my son who had fallen hard for her loud purr and sweet spirit.
Monday afternoon, Makenna's migraine returned and was so severe on Tuesday, we spent the day in the emergency room seeking answers we still do not have. Having a third doctor shrug, stating it is a complicated migraine on day nine of this, is frustrating and expensive. We then followed up with her primary care physician and have appointments next month with both a hematologist and a neurologist. A clear CT scan afforded me some peace but I am hoping for more answers and treatment in the coming weeks.
On the way home from his final archery tournament until the end of August, he asked if I thought it would be great to have him as an only child. I deflected by asking if he would like that. He processed quickly that he would except then he wouldn't have Austin so maybe not. That baby ranks pretty high in our world; high enough to make four older sisters worthwhile. 

Our days are full and our evenings fuller yet with end of the school year events. Kate loved her final choir concert of the year as they were permitted to dance while singing. She has clearly been bitten by the theatre bug so I am bracing myself for more years of drama and overcommitted schedules. Jesus take the wheel.



I was able to attend a field trip with Ty's class and skipped field day to shop with my mom, dad and Erin because as it turns out, field day is not my thing. But a sweet friend sent me photos taken of my son having a blast. In the one shot, he literally jumping off the ground in excitement. He clearly had a great time.




Kate is spending the long weekend camping with friends while Ty navigates a very social schedule of birthday parties and a going away celebration for neighbors. In the midst of all this, another daughter has wrestled for weeks with knowledge she needs a biopsy to rule out a serious condition. She is frightened beyond measure and making not so helpful comments about who gets her personal belongings "IF". This is not healthy for her or those who love her but she does not allow logic to sway her in emotional moments. All in all, it is safe to say I could use a timeout in life.
Mr. Sunshine gets to stay with us this weekend while Mom attends the Indy 500 Sunday. He is a hot mess but I love him.


Makenna took Ty for frozen yogurt after school Friday and then text he was bouncing off the walls because field day included a lot of treats so the boy was high on sugar and exhausted too. The combination was entertaining to hear about and make me grateful I missed it.

No comments: