Saturday, May 18, 2019

Living the Dream

Sometimes answers are blessings, even if they aren't what we wanted. Just the knowing, being the peace. It's been a bumpy week with one friend shocked to have hospice called in suddenly and another sitting beside her daughter in a hospital seeking healing for days in this age where answers are instant.

I gave up grains and sugar again three weeks ago and immediately started sleeping through the night. I have battled insomnia for just over a year and was resisting sleep studies and medication. I knew the answer had to be a natural one but didn't want it to be diet. But after three weeks off grains, I used gluten free bread with dinner and that night returned to my 1:30 am wakeup time. In my heart, I know the answer but ordered bloodwork to test for autoimmune triggers in 96 foods to confirm my suspicions.


My son, who is at times worthy of an academy award has rebelled against vegetables with such fury he has ruined dinnertime and lost all access to all electronics until his attitude toward meals improves. It's a delight living in my house right now. But the same boy who snuggles in the bed and lays his head in my lap during bedtime reading can lose his mind when stressed and it is colorful. This is my fifth kid and it isn't any easier. Because as it turns out, I will continue ruining his life with vegetables until he moves out which he is currently planning to do.

Thursday was my last day with Ava and I think I am going to miss that little stinker around here. She says the most hilarious things which makes me laugh daily.



Austin is visiting a great grandma with his parents in Florida this week. Like his momma, he is a beach baby and having a blast.

Makenna was sent home from work Monday with sudden onset vertigo with flashing lights and immediate nausea. Once she got home, a massive headache hit and stuck around for four days. She saw doctors both Wednesday and Thursday and ended up with three medications to treat her "complicated migraine".  It was a long, expensive week.


Anytime someone in our family gets a wrapped gift, someone else will shout, "guess a TV!" This started when Lauren was three and we gave my dad a TV. Dad, being who Dad is was being silly and guessing a lot of odd things, frustrating our very literal daughter who was completely aggravated with him. She finally shouted, "guess a TV, Grandpa!" And so a family joke was born and because she actually got a TV for her birthday to help soften the blow Erin is moving out and taking hers with her, I elected to not wrap it. She would have guessed immediately anyway.




But she wouldn't have guessed a TV because her birthday gift was new hair a month ago so she had no expectations. It was a fun surprise. She had a great birthday with her family and best friend.

No comments: