Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

Erin had Saturday and Sunday off for the first time in months. She spent both days with different friend groups swimming and relaxing by bonfires.
Kate may have taken the prize for best Memorial weekend as she left from school Friday to camp with her best friend's family until Monday evening.
While my mom attended the Indy 500 again this year, we entertained my dad. The guys saw the start and finish of the race on TV but we ran to Bass Pro and GFS in between. By the time all the kids were gone and my dad was still hanging out waiting on my mom, Greg suggested perhaps we should be charging for this babysitting gig as he was anxious to start a date night walk. 😏


My little storm trooper was not so patiently waiting on a call from his friend to start a sleepover with s'mores, swimming and video games. We cannot wait for summer!

Noah completed course work in early December and has been working full time as a special education support aid since while also completing additional firefighter training. However, he went back to graduate this weekend.



He calls me Mimi now and it consistently melts my heart. Sharing him with my parents is pretty sweet too. I suspect they enjoy watching me love him as well.
Monday's brisket at four o'clock in the morning. My hubby is a rock star. Even the animals agree.


Some routine home maintenance included evacuating a bird from my dryer vent. By the time Greg was in the attic, had the dryer disconnected and reconnected and repaired the vent cover, he contemplated a bird homicide. During his escapade, I purged our closet. Again. Being the primary catch-all space in our home means I do this frequently. And since I was on a roll, the garage was reorganized a bit too. At the end of the day, Ty had been swimming for days and was ready for bed. Kate returned equally exhausted and since Greg and I had out in a full day in the heat, our Memorial Day ended early.
Three more school days require we keep up with routine just a little longer but we are ready claim some care-free summer days.

No comments: