Sunday, December 1, 2013

Weekend Review

It was a gorgeous sixty degree day and I treasured it by quilting on the porch swing in the sunshine. Is it presumptuous to request the weather that ushered in December see us through the new year?


We decorated the vast majority of the house last night. Kate and Ty are pretty excited and are especially in love with Kate's little tree. I am waiting until much later in the month to put up the family tree. Little fingers spend their week days with us and I am just not ready for the all too tempting no-no to be destroyed. I wonder if I could convince everyone to accept Kate's tree as the family tree this year.

My grandma gave me her nativity set a few years ago. I have always tried to keep it somewhere safe but opted this year to make it the focal point of our Christmas season. A little one at church today called nativity sets, "Jesus houses". Precious.

I also brought the little green chair in from our outside fall display, added this little pillow and created a time out location. You may find me there frequently this month. I would love a photo of Devyn occupying it because she is the cutest two year old in time out; however, photographing a time out may not be appropriate.  I may need to ask her parents about it as I think it would be an adorable keepsake.

So I mentioned to Kate I would like to ask Santa's permission to take over the stockings. She very carefully chose her words as she described all the items Santa has successfully given her over the years. After a few painful moments, I let her off the hook by asking her if she thought I could handle the job. Once again, she hesitantly spoke as she confessed she didn't. Smile.


Friday night Mom, Dad and I took Kate and Ty to see the Lights Under Louisville with the rest of the city. The line was incredible but moved much more quickly than anticipated. The kids were beyond impressed. Mom said she wished we'd had an audio recording of their reaction. We'd treasure it for sure. It was just one special memory from a great weekend.

No comments: