Wednesday, December 18, 2013

His Imagination

My son braved Meijer with me on Monday. Brycen and Kate were also along for the adventure. My first clue this wasn't going to be the most delightful experience of my day was upon our entrance to the store where I discovered the bench seat carts that safely confine all my children were not available. From there, things were a little crazy. Ty misses nothing. Nothing. He fell in love with Monsters University a few weeks ago. He hasn't watched the movie in quite some time; however, he still practices his scare techniques constantly. Unbeknownst to me, he discovered another scene in the movie he appreciates. He practiced it no less than four dozen times in the aisles of the grocery store. Did I mention the store was exceptionally crowded on Monday? When I recovered from said shopping experience and had served dinner, I demonstrated our son's specific movements for Greg who laughed at me for good measure before letting me know exactly what Ty was doing. He was using an imaginary lasso. I don't even remember that scene! He was lassoing (is that a real term?) strangers in Meijer. He wears me out. By the way, he would like "sharp hands" for Christmas so he can be really scary.



Our little reenactment lacked much of the enthusiasm demonstrated Monday. Trust me when I say he held up traffic multiple times. By the way, my next grocery trip will be a solo act. It was a promise I had to make to other patrons. At least it wasn't a vow made to security, although, I am certain that day is imminent. We may have to become Walmart shoppers.

No comments: