Friday, May 26, 2023

Week Twenty-one






Kate kicked off the week in style. She and Hagan attended Prom. While they were out, Hagan's parents joined us for dinner. We've never developed a relationship with our daughters boyfriend's families because we have seen the consequences of too much involvement. However, our brief encounters up to this week have been enjoyable and we think we are all fairly level headed about high school relationships. Kate loves their family and it isn't difficult to see why. What the future holds for Kate and Hagan is well beyond my pay grade but I sense they will always at least be friends. He has been a pretty sweet first relationship. The fact they like spending time together with family is a perk I'm not taking for granted. 



Hair and makeup were a sister effort. Erin was there for entertainment purposes.


In other news, we bought Austin a sandbox. Although Diesel is quite certain it was meant for him. 


We have a family Life 360 account. I have notifications turned off and only use it when I can't get a hold of someone. Kate, on the other hand, uses it to ask where I'm going on the off chance I leave campus during the day. Who authorized this role change? Anyway, I always answer and laugh every time. Someone needs to be in charge around here and to be completely honest, I'm kinda tired anyway. 

This sweet face greets me most mornings. This on top of the tea Greg always delivers to my bedside makes for the best start to my days.


I wrapped up the school year hosting an Indy 500 race for all the students in our building. I was challenged to a race by a co-worker and knew I couldn't decline. Greg was less than thrilled when I told him I'd likely be injured before the end of the day but couldn't pass up on the challenge. I *just* got out of the boot so I saw his point. However my friend called in "sick". I'm guessing my athleticism scared her. Officially this means I win, right? I woke Wednesday with muscle aches in New places. It was the good kind of discomfort. It means I felt well enough to play. 
But can you play two games at once? #skills


Lauren, Austin and I ran errands Wednesday and it meant Austin entertained me while his momma shopped in peace. It was a pretty sweet trade. 
Her students colored her dress. It was adorable to see her kiddos showing their grown-ups what they drew for her. 


Miss Makenna graduated her first class of students with the cutest song, poem and Snoop Dog affirmation. Eighteen little people are kindergarten ready and she is almost ready to let them. Almost.


Today Austin and I cleaned the house in anticipation of a relaxing weekend on the deck. One of us was more efficient than the other but he makes up for it with enthusiasm. His trusty sidekick is just about as helpful. 

No comments: