Friday, May 5, 2023

Week Eighteen

The church requested photos of moms with their kids. Some willingly participated; others were bribed.


Lauren and I are sharing my car while I can't drive anyway. On Wednesday, I needed picked up early from work and Austin decided he liked doing that. He worked really hard to convince his mom they needed to go pick me up from work Thursday morning. Texts were exchanged confirming I was in fact riding to and from work with Amanda as planned. He misses nothing. 
These two worked together to dig a hole in Pop's yard. Neither experienced any remorse. Austin likes to point out how naughty Diesel is but fails to understand just how similar they are. Lauren swears Diesel is more obedient. I'm not disagreeing with her. Ahem.


Wednesday evening, Kate and I toured a college program she has expressed interest in exploring. As we approached the area we knew contained the school, we saw a giant playground on an elementary school yard. "I really hope that's it," Kate exclaimed. Sadly it was not. 



Makenna had her first evaluation this week and the results reflect her enthusiasm and love for her kiddos well. 




Erin's first big role as Miss Louisville has her working Oaks and Derby with an all access pass this weekend. She isn't disappointed. Whereas I will likely never understand or appreciate the events, Erin embraces the excitement and energy in the city. 

Does not like the emergency alert system 

Sadly, despite careful attentiveness, it appears our eggs are not going to hatch. We noticed tiny holes starting the process last weekend but nothing progressed. The parents have abandoned the nest but Austin and I are holding out hope we see them again this season.


Lauren and I took Austin to the movie theater this evening to see the Super Mario Brothers. It was his first movie theater experience and he loved it. 


We ended the week outside for dinner and playtime. Ty's teaching Austin how to dribble a basketball and Kate chases him with nerf guns. It's pretty sweet. 

No comments: