Friday, April 15, 2022

Holy Week


We went on a "date" to both Aldi and Walmart early Saturday morning. I had a strong desire to hibernate instead so I failed to clean up for the errand/date. He was not impressed with the oversized sweats I happened to also sleep in and accused me of wearing pajamas on our date. I assured him, given the glamorous level of our date, he was lucky I wore a bra.



Ty was invited to his girlfriend's birthday party but declined. We agreed to be his scape goats because as Ty said, "being the only boy around nine girls is going to be drama." He is not wrong. But on her special day, he made pizzelles to celebrate. This boy. 


Speaking of little heart throbs, Austin enjoyed an Easter egg hunt with his buddy and also sent me some mail. These photos made my whole day.


Ty and I were granted Good Friday out of school because smaller country schools are traditional. I love this. But I scheduled an appointment with the doctor, as one does on a day off and failed to bring a book. I had my lists for all the additional errands I would be running and walked out without what I needed most for waiting. Anyway, it was there I discovered we had used all our high speed data (I'm looking at you, Kate Ryan) and had to entertain my active brain people watching. I kind of miss the old days of strangers conversing in waiting rooms. Maybe we stopped talking to each other when the world fell apart? More likely though, the world fell apart because we stopped talking. It's sad either way.

This Instagram post from Lisa Jo Baker spoke to me this week......



No comments: