Friday, April 22, 2022

Easter Weekend


My parents arrived for a weekend full of good food, laughter, chocolate bunnies and a bonfire. We attended church and gathered together for dinner afterward. 


When Grandma visits, even grown-up children get chocolate rabbits


 










Easter bunny cookies on a random Thursday. 




Saturday, I received mail from my favorite artist. 

The similarities are uncanny although I do wonder if Austin believes both Greg and I use the same barber.


This week launched state testing and the stress was palatable. We had tummy aches, tears and meltdowns. I wish the politicians mandating this would have to experience what this looks like in elementary schools. Our kids deserve better. 

Ty, who has inherited his father's sense of humor, asked what would happen if it rained for an entire year. I responded that I didn't know, thinking this was a serious question. Deadpan, he answered, "the ground would be wet." 🙄

No comments: