Wednesday, August 22, 2018

We are family

They left together Friday morning for a few fun days in Georgia celebrating Taylor's birthday. No sooner than they left, Kate made herself comfortable in their room. She cannot wait to permanently claim this space as her own.


On their way out of town, they stopped for breakfast at Grandma's house. It was a nice way to break up the drive and gave Grandma a quick snuggle with Austin. No one can get enough of those.

While they have been out, typical shenanigans have ensued with the four-legged family members. At one point, Ada was hanging from my curtains and I was less than pleased. I told Oliver he was my favorite and Greg walked by him immediately after me and told him he was his idol. Take a load off buddy.



Saturday night, Greg and I attended a married people event at church. We had no idea what to expect but joked it had to be better than our typical date at Home Depot. No sooner than we finished that conversation than I saw this:

We would claim it was actual footage of one of our dates, but they both have better hair.

We had a special visitor Sunday afternoon. It's been quite a while since we last had Devyn over to play and it was fun to talk with big kid Devyn. She was not yet in school the last time she was here and is now dominating second grade curriculum. 


Kate bought herself a cute new jumper and wanted some photos wearing it in the field of wildflowers behind our house. I wanted to wait on sunset lighting and long before sunset, the cloud cover became so dense, we had almost no light to play with. That didn't stop Kate from having a good time though. 





Greg and I debated the merits of fall decorating this weekend, as I am already craving cooler temperatures, pumpkin spice chai tea lattes and my fall wardrobe complete with cozy sweaters. He believes I need to wait until after Labor Day but I maintain September 1 is late enough. He countered, "what's three days?" And I argued, "it's already two weeks."  I will be decorating September first.

No comments: