Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Tidbits

Lauren walked into the house Saturday afternoon, "Um Mom, are you aware there is a pizza box with a skeleton in the driveway?" Ty found a skeleton of a small animal in our landscape. It has clearly been there awhile. The kids were fascinated. Ty wanted to keep it in his dresser. We compromised. They are on a mission to identify it.

Last weekend we once again searched for a new sofa and chair. Our current red set is beyond repair. We've been disappointed in the quality of that set since we bought it eight years ago. So like all intelligent people everywhere, we ordered a new set the day after we brought home kittens. Ahem. However, as we asked the salesman a few questions, Ty curled up on the floor model and fell asleep. It was adorable and clearly a selling feature.

Saturday afternoon we attended a football game our sixth grade neighbor played and while we were there my phone rang. Justin was calling to inform me I raised two very wimpy girls and he was embarrassed for me. As it turns out, they were threatening to burn the house down if he didn't get there immediately to exterminate a giant spider in Lauren's room. I am not kidding. Later reflections reported screaming, peeing of pants and a room being destroyed in order to locate said spider once it disappeared from sight.  I have no words but often wonder where I went wrong. Erin later lamented that none of our neighbors came to investigate the screaming. I have to assume they weren't heard over closed windows and air conditioning; however, discovering the neighbors are used to our level of chaos would not surprise me either.

Greg and I woke this morning to Kate sleeping on the floor on his side of the bed and Ty asleep on mine. Within minutes, Ty needed my attention four times regarding his Ironman costume because there was a missing mask crisis. The kittens were released and promptly climbed onto our bed. The dog was barking and whining. It was our usual Sunday morning wake up call.

Today held backyard archery, time alone with a good book, touch up painting and a tea party. It was gorgeous and perfect. 


No comments: