Friday, September 12, 2014

Autumn Arrival

The day was overcast, damp and cool. We didn't see temperatures above 60 degrees and a sweater was needed as I watched Kate board the school bus this morning. Chili and beer bread were served for dinner. Endless cups of hot tea and comfy jeans were appreciated. Our first fall like day has made it's appearance and I couldn't be more pleased.

Kate had a long, weepy week and needed a little note of encouragement by Wednesday to get over the mid-week hump. I slipped her an invitation to do something fun, just the three of us Friday after school since I wouldn't have extra little ones. She was delighted and frankly, I was too. We visited our favorite orchard to pick apples. Sadly it was our only visit this year as we missed strawberries and peaches due to the unusually busy summer. We had the place to ourselves and relished the experience.





A benefit to being the only customers on the "traptor ride" is the driver's insistence we stop for a photo in the pumpkin patch along the way to the apple orchard. Ty loves "traptors" so for him, it was the highlight of our afternoon.




Ty thought to bring bread for the geese and thoroughly enjoyed feeding them until they charged at him. Screaming ensued and we made a very noisy exit. Despite my best efforts to stay composed, I cracked up as I carried him to the parked van.

2 comments:

Jill May said...

A trip to Huber's sounds glorious! Would have loved to see Ty running from the geese! LOL!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Kate stood out as looking so much older in these pictures!!
Looks like a wonderful time - I love Huber's and I love fall, yay for Autumn's arrival :)