Saturday, September 6, 2014

Progression

Operation "let's be a family" is going well. Brutus has been identified as the overly excited step dad while the kittens are the uninterested kids. He is eager to play and be protective. They are not impressed with him unless he is lying down and doesn't move while they climb over his paws.

Justin often visits "his" homework helpers, even when Erin isn't home

Our introductions have been intentional and brief with total control because we are aware of Brutus's size despite his gentle spirit. Obviously the hissing miniatures could be hurt should he decide to play with them. But they've made their way into all our hearts.
This would be the pillow I move because I don't want the kittens to destroy it.

Last night I pulled Oliver out of the fireplace, off Ty's sleeping head before cleaning the litter box, freshening the water and wondered for a brief moment where the teen who swore she needed these cats was. Alas, we fell for it once again. "I will take care of them Mom, I promise."

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

They are so cute! I love the picture of Brutus looking at them while they are climbing on the forbidden pillow :)