Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oh Ty!

Last night Lauren wanted to run into Walgreen's for a few camping related items. She decided yesterday to participate in the school sponsored camping trip that starts tomorrow. Welcome to my life. But while we were in Walgreen's, Ty carried the basket and I noted a decent price on toilet paper and paper towels. Given I should have invested in toilet paper somewhere around the arrival of our third daughter because we use so much of it, I picked up the deals. Ty's basket was full of toilet paper so I carried the paper towels. At that point, I thumbed quickly through the sale ad to see if there were any other bargains available before heading toward Lauren in the candy aisle. You know, the location of camping essentials. Anyway, it was in the candy aisle Ty decided to set down the basket and request the sale ad. He needed to "read the paper". So we stood in the middle of the candy aisle while he pulled apart sections of the sale ad and held up individual pages to "read". Since Lauren was off and running in the chip aisle at this point, (more essentials) I waited for Ty to wrap up his "reading". Unbeknownst to him, he had attracted an audience. People were gathered just outside the aisle to watch my adorable, but very serious little man. When he shockingly declared one page said we had no food in a rather loud voice, one girl literally doubled over laughing. At that point, I lost composure as well. He is a trip.


1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I can totally vision him doing this - he is so incredibly cute!