Monday, March 4, 2013

My other blog.....

Anne determined the best blog we could create together would feature failed pinterest projects. Think of the fun everyone could have laughing at us. She claims she has no artistic ability whatsoever; however, the areas of her house she has decorated are beautiful. But with that being said, there are a lot of crazy ideas out there just begging to be created in our kitchens or garages while we make fun of them. We're sweet like that. In fact, we discovered people are paying for unusual products in the stores already. We couldn't even identify some of that stuff! Maybe we could start our own decorating line too? Our Pinterest blog wouldn't mention our kids and the only photos would be of the projects themselves so finding links on obscure websites would entertain us rather than alarm us. We might be onto something here......

Anyway, I wanted a sign above my kitchen cabinets. I asked Greg to cut an existing piece of plywood so I could paint it with leftover paint from the door project last year. Ty was rather impressed with Daddy's saw and immediately tackled an additional scrap piece with his plastic saw and frustrating results. He determined he would be careful with Daddy's saw if he could use it. Um, I don't think so buddy!
Reach for the sky anyway little man.
Paige popped up to help us clear the table tonight....and chances are pretty strong these two are texting each other.
In an effort to expedite the arrival of outside activities, we roasted marshmallows in the fireplace this weekend. It took the chill out of the air and provided a sweet treat as well. The cold air is no longer welcome in these parts. Even Greg sighed deeply at the sight of a few snowflakes today. We are over it. 
Robyn called to check on us because I hadn't blogged in a week. We are fine, it was just a very full week with doctor appointments, extra kids while their mom recovered from the flu and overlapping work schedules. This week promises more of the same sans the flu, I hope.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

So much to comment on in this post :) I love the girls texting and eating right out of the pots!!! :) And that pic of Ty is wonderful! Also, I love the sign above your cabinets!! And last...I am totally on board with creating a new blog...gives me even more reason to paint and bring home random scrap items that my husband can roll his eyes at :)