Monday, February 21, 2011

Long weekend......

After five very long days and nights, Ty is feeling like himself again. Hallelujah. It was trying to say the least. Ty, being Daddy's boy only wanted Greg when he was up in the night with fever and chills. We literally had to call Greg at work on Friday night because Ty refused to go back to bed. He wanted me to stand in the kitchen while holding him and watch for Daddy to walk through the laundry room door. We do this a lot of mornings but it was only midnight and Greg was not expected for another six hours!  He was angry, falling down a lot, not eating or drinking and remained inconsolable. Mommy was exhausted. This started on Thursday, you know, the day after Makenna started to feel well after fighting a virus. But in typical fashion, that's not the end of the story. The school called this morning. Erin was sent home sick. At least she doesn't hang on me and cry when she doesn't feel well!
Brutus looks like I feel!

Sweet little Colby was also under the weather this weekend.

Remember Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Well, we found it online to help pass some grouchy time! Ty's adjusting the volume!

You can see how much better he's feeling....he's copying Mickey's hand motions!

Ty and Lauren hanging out in our room tonight. He started eating and asking for milk...he was playful and happy again!

You just can't get close enough to a superstar like Mickey! 

Paige turned 13 last week. She had a dress up dance party for her friends. Sadly, Ty's virus prevented me from going and performing my special dance moves for her friends! I promised to wear my wedding dress since it is the only formal dress I own. I am sure she was seriously disappointed I could not attend! I love harassing my "other kids"!
Anyway, we've got a lot going on this week with Makenna's allergy testing, the Purity Ball, a tour of a local Montessori school with the girls, both baby boys will be here and I am slipping off to dinner with a friend who is having a birthday. I am SOOOO looking forward to that! Another friend is moving away and we are attending her going away party at church on Sunday. That date is arriving way too fast. Have I mentioned how much I don't like change? This one stings a bit. Greg's parents will be home for the weekend so we are trying to work in a visit with them as well. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I am so sorry that Erin is now sick - I hope she feels better soon.
I, too, cannot wait until dinner this week!!!!
AND....I am cracking up at the pic of Brutus - such a 'vicious' dog :)