Friday, February 11, 2011

Big Boy Bed!


I've been mentally preparing myself for this day for a month or so now......Ty's ability to climb out of his crib. Once that happens, I put my kiddos in less dangerous beds. I had both babies all day yesterday and at the end of morning nap time, I walked into Ty's room and discovered he had one leg over the top of the railing. His other leg was dangling and he was hoisting his body upward. Uh-oh. He demonstrated his new found skill for me...twice. So, I had to wait for Colby and Cameron to go home before I could start the bedroom makeover. Greg took down the crib and assembled the twin bed while I took little man to Target for a side rail. We also found the cutest little red stool (on clearance for $8) to assist him in and out of his bed safely. We had to destroy Kate's bed to create Ty's since I didn't have time to shop for a new mattress. Kate was due for a new one so this will work for Ty until he's potty trained. I then transferred out the white dresser and changing table for Greg's old brown dresser. It works with my old toy box and my nephew's hand-me-down bed. I love the dark wood as much as the white in the same room. He is so proud of his big boy bed. He shows it off to visitors and is sleeping in it really well. When I put him to bed last night, he didn't object or climb out at all. Nap time today was beyond successful as he put himself down! Makenna happened to walk by his room and noted he'd climbed into bed with his blanket, special cloth and paci. I kissed him and pulled his door slightly to block our noise and he slept an hour and a half! This afternoon, I took the kids to get Kate's new mattress and reassembled her room. Our bedroom got some reorganization as well since I had to transfer Greg's old dresser out. Our garage can't be walked through right now but we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us to remedy that! Whew...busy boy=busy mom.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

He looks so little in that big bed!! I am so glad the transition to his new bed is going smoothly.