Friday, December 1, 2023

Week Forty-Eight

 




Lauren and Austin invited to me to come help them set up their Christmas tree. Not only did I assist, I donated my decor so they could have all the festivity their little hearts desired. I left the chaos behind when I was finished fluffing branches and spent a few hours wandering our local town while Greg yelled at the OSU game and Erin took loads of belongings to her new house. 



The house is strange; so very strange. Sitting at the long table every night for dinner as a family of three was bothering me. Greg allowed some changes to better suit our current situation and ordered some chairs to replace the once required benches. How did we go from closets that needed overhauled seasonally and doubled up bedrooms to two guest rooms? After Lauren and Austin came home, we repurposed a lot of our home to accommodate their needs. As they left, they took Kate with them. We (I mean me) didn't really get time to process that significant change because Erin moved in just two days later. She left ahead of schedule this past weekend because the appeal of her beautiful new home on the other side of the closed bridge just made sense. I'm suddenly looking at the empty rooms and wondering how it is we've arrived here.  I guess I blinked. And if caught off guard, I tend to continue blinking back tears. I miss what was, despite being incredibly grateful for what is too. 

Ty needed to see the doctor for an ear infection so we both got this morning out of school. I spent it getting things wrapped up around the house before heading out on a delayed schedule. And then this afternoon, Erin and I attended her final dress fitting. We are two busy weeks away from the wedding. Evan treated us to dinner afterward. It was a beautiful evening. 

No comments: