Friday, August 25, 2023

Week Thirty-four




After our glorious days away, Greg once again began dreaming aloud about living in a small cabin in the woods when we retire. I share this dream. However, he keeps pointing out sheds for sale on roadside businesses indicating our next home. I laugh that if he wants to go that small, he best be planning to move somewhere warmer because I need to be outside more as it is. He flippantly reminds me it would be insulated. This is not my point. Remember the tiny home craze that was all over HGTV for a season? Notice how we never hear about tiny homes any more? I think HGTV and Investigation Discovery could work together on a new series; Tiny Homes: Homicide. If I am going to live with someone in a shed, there best be a way for me to get outside. Don't get me wrong, I love him and love our quiet get-aways but fresh air and sunlight are imperative to my mental health. He thinks we may retire in North Carolina. He is a smart man. 


Greg and I had more kitchen help than we knew quite what to do with Sunday. Not all our helpers are actually helpful but they are pretty cute.


In his defense, Remi took his spot. But seriously, this dog is ridiculous. In the end, I did actually nap. Apparently we all adapt when we have to.


Austin and Pops made breakfast together this morning; four pancakes stacked with syrup between layers.


Talking to Kenna about the five senses.

Chugged one of Pop's protein drinks and then felt his muscles grow.


Look at those muscles! 


No comments: