Sunday, February 27, 2022

2022 Week 8 in Photos

Monday was sunny and warm. I need a lot more days like that. Like a lot more.

One night this week, we got to dine alone. It was pretty sweet. PS. Isn't he handsome? 

Not a morning person.

I took *his* chair.

I don't always understand my children. She was watching reels on Instagram. 

I happened to walk into a co-worker's classroom when she got the photo announcing the birth of her first grand baby. 

We once again hung out on a dance floor while the DJ called out lower numbers of years married. It was fun to think of our journey while snuggling close. We don't often fall into the trap of taking our marriage for granted. We fought to be where we are today and maybe that leaves me a little cynical toward "happily ever after messaging". That is fairy tale propaganda, not reality. I prefer the truth. It's hard work but so very worth it.

Whereas Ty is measuring himself against everyone lately, hoping to be taller, Kate kicked off shoes and leaned to make Grandma feel better. She really is the sweet one. PS....Sister loves the dance floor and had a blast at the wedding.

Ty scored a "Grandma Date" out for pizza while the rest of us attended a wddding.

Kristin took my "this seems unnecessary" motto and turned it into something positive for me to wear to my biopsy tomorrow. I literally laughed out loud when I opened it. This is awesome. My people are too. 

My parents drove to town to watch Ty's final archery tournament. They were also impressed with the program. While visiting, Mom mentioned how unreal it is Ty will turn 13 this summer and then she witnessed a stand off over me insisting he eat something before having ice cream. "Oh, I see it now", she said. Yep. It's coming. 

 

No comments: