Friday, February 11, 2022

Chasing Light


In catching a glimpse of the sunrise with it's colorful layers, each more vibrant than the last and remembering His mercies are made new every morning. Moreover when the color and light are reflected upon the most dormant of trees as I drive west, I can't help but see the metaphor. In my season of waiting and questioning, there are moments of wavering peace and yet, His light is still shining on me. 




In counting blessings, the ice so brightly reflects now that the sun shines again and I'm mesmerized. Greg, the most level of us, humors me and turns around so I can see it again. This light so beautiful once the roads are safe for travel again. I love that he loves my unfiltered excitement over the little things. 


Ava made a popsicle person at church. She says it's Greg because it wears a red shirt and has no hair. The resemblance is uncanny, although he says he has a better figure than the popsicle stick. 

There was a garage door frozen to the ground and I mistakingly attempted to use the opener so we met a friendly repair man in the aftermath. The next time I went to flip the light switch for my husband who was carrying groceries to the garage freezer, he yelled in an attempt to scare me. I rarely, so very rarely choose violence but I smacked him. And he laughed all the more. 


School is not his favorite; not by a long shot but he has been pretty excited this past six weeks about his assigned elective, Engineering and Technology. He designed and built a project. His creation holds his glasses, a watch, a chrome book or ipod and phone. He wanted charging ports that would allow his devices to remain upright. Not only am I impressed by the ingenuity, but seeing him enjoy a project through school is absolutely the best. 



Sugar coated children gifted me well with hugs, hearts and sweets today. I cannot recommend elementary school enough if you want to be well celebrated. The kids are far more generous with their expressions of love than most adults. 

We pray the weekend allows us to rest as well as one knocked-out kindergartener. 


No comments: