Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fall Break Week



I have desired a guest room for quite awhile now so when we moved Ty upstairs, his gray room with the handpainted border quickly became the guest space. I decided to roll it back to the original off white color I have throughout the rest of the house. I had no idea what I was getting into. The walls were in rough shape, requiring sanding, primer and three coats of paint. Unfortunately, there were areas needing a fourth coat and I ran of both steam and paint before achieving that goal. I decided it was good enough and cleaned up for the time being. Someday I will tackle another coat of paint but it won't be anytime too soon. That being said, the room was ready enough for our first little guests. Anna and Ava loved it and their first sleepover at our house. We made jewelry, painted, made headbands and ate snacks. It was a sweet night of memory making.








Ty's room upstairs is pretty spacious despite his "need" for a green screen and gaming section. The carpet needs replaced but I'm not brave enough to tackle that pricy item with an emerging teenager living in the space. As it stands, spills are not worth crying over and there will be spills.





Kate and I went out and about together a few times this week. She needed some fall clothes and I needed one-on-one time with Kate. On Friday though, we brought Grace along and she surprised us by walking with a walker down her driveway to my car! She smiled the whole challenging way and has set herself the lofty goal of walking exclusively by Halloween. Her therapist is suggesting Christmas as a more reasonable goal but Grace isn't yet choosing to be reasonable. We love her.





Ty spent one day with a friend and the entire week caring for our neighbor's dogs while they went to Florida. He was otherwise occupied with basketball in the driveway or Fortnite with online friends. 

Makenna ended up with covid on her honeymoon. She and Noah enjoyed most of their week together before she felt sick. By the time she had a confirmed covid test, she was in pretty bad shape. She was able to get it turned around on her own but her doctor was encouraging her to go to the ER. We checked in frequently and by Friday, it was clear she was recovering. And today, she visited for the first time since her wedding day. Her car needed some service and Greg tried to explain a process that pertained to the car and Makenna put up both hands and stated simply, "I have a dad and a husband. I don't need to know this." Just like that, he was dismissed and we all knew Makenna had recovered fully. 


Saturday evening, Ty and I met Kristin and Avry at my parent's house so my dad could explain astrophotography. Avry has been experimenting with his telescope and his mom's phone for awhile. He seemed to enjoy the visit. It was good to see everyone as we wrapped up fall break. 

Tomorrow starts a busy week. Ty is trying out for the school basketball team and Kate starts working every day after school. Lauren flies in Friday for a bachelorette weekend and I have two appointments. Makenna took a picture of our menu board this evening so I anticipate an extra place at the table too. I miss fall break already.

No comments: