Sunday, February 3, 2019

A springlike weekend


I woke early Saturday morning and enjoyed hot tea and a good book snuggled in a hand crocheted blanket recently thrifted. As soon as the house started to wake, the peace was quickly replaced with snuggles and tickles with Ty, as is tradition on weekends. He spoke endlessly about his plans to become a famous you tuber with his buddy and how he needs his assistant principal to create his "merch" because she makes shirts for the teachers and is nicer than his art teacher who could also supply his future fans. Greg inquired his business model and was met with resistance. Ty has no intention of sharing profits. However, being that he is not allowed to have a YouTube account or a web cam seems to be a minor obstacle he is choosing to ignore for the time being. He also has plans to teleport in the future, so there's that. He amuses us most when he has no idea.

Kate is growing more anxious about surgery, stating she feels light headed when talking about it. There was a therapy dog in the surgeon's office and at this point, my prayer is to have one visit in pre-op as I think she might need the furry kisses. To help diminish some anxiety today, I handed her my camera and encouraged her to photograph me and the kids out back. We started with the auto setting but have plans to move into aperture priority mode later this week. I think she will have the focus needed to learn and look forward to seeing what she produces.

Greg's brother brought his family to dinner Saturday after his niece competed in a cheer competition in Louisville. We enjoyed their company and they loved the cauliflower. This is a trend so for those interested, I toss cut cauliflower with coarse sea salt and olive oil. My secret ingredient is Mediterranean olive oil from a local store, The Olivet. I drizzle a little of it over the already well coated cauliflower and roast at 425 for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Trust me and all other dinner guests who later request my recipe, it's quite tasty.

Two boys joined us for outside play today and I am anticipating a great summer full of the same. Ty now has four neighborhood friends and three of them are outdoorsy. Amen. By the end of the day, the yard was littered with bikes, basketballs, shoes, bows and arrows. I held down the porch swing with a book, barely absorbed as I enjoyed life philosophies from the under ten crowd. I cannot recall the last time I remained so sedentary as I chose to inhale as much sunshine as possible while my windows remained open; the stench of winter temporarily banished.



No comments: