Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dare to Dream

So many people have asked what I plan to do next. After I help Lauren paint her house so she can move to Texas (tears will totally be involved), I honestly don't know. I have a list of criteria I would love to make work. The dream job has me serving a need in the community, would allow me to work from 8-2 every week day only and not have me planted behind a desk. Ideally,  I would have flexibility to also work out being Ty's classroom mom and have time off when the kids are in town. I want my cake and I want to eat it too which is pretty funny when you consider I don't actually eat cake. Well, unless it's Kate's carrot cake made from scratch with her incredible cream cheese frosting. I totally cheat on my diet and eat a small piece of that with a healthy dose of motrin to help ward off the pending headache that is sure to follow. I pray my lack of willpower is not a sign of character weakness because there are some treats I am willing to literally make myself sick indulging. But I digress.......

I will continue praying God opens the right door and have faith He will. And to all my friends telling me I need to take time off to just sit......my husband objects because he knows I can't and will drive everyone crazy with my creative energy. More than a few days off will equal rearranged furniture, painted surfaces and most likely a whole lot of shopping.

I have started hearing from friends and acquaintances who have seen photos I have taken and think it might be time to start charging for that service. Since I refuse to use photoshop, I don't consider myself professional so I feel a bit like a fraud for charging. I am just a mom who likes chasing light with her camera. But just maybe this is part of that dream job God is still revealing to me. Time and God will tell.

No comments: