Sunday, April 29, 2018

Broken

Empathy, they say is a spiritual gift. God saw fit to bequeath it to me and over the years, I have struggled endlessly with the pain that gift creates in my soul. As I intercede for those I encounter in search of healing, I am often overwhelmed. In God's perfect timing, I read my devotion Saturday morning as sunrise danced across the pages and again discovered God's promise to weave His story through the brokenness I often avoid. It's the shattered pieces of beautiful lives I treasure God is using to illustrate His redemption.

This was a week of suffering for many and my heart ached with the weight of it all. A young mother kissed her son as he entered a brain stem tumor biopsy. A sister in Christ is desperately running from the One who saves, believing she deserves Hell. A young woman was lost suddenly to an accident, leaving an entire community in shock. And our daughter returned wounded yet seeking healing in the safety of Home just three years after soaring out of our nest. Her story is not what she believed was written and the shock of that is still resonating. What a privilege it is to be her mother and needed in this moment.

In these days, it isn't nearly enough to believe in God. No, it's a season for recognizing God believes in me and I am called to live as though He lives through me. Erin has returned and I am grateful she chose Home to heal. Her strength is a force and God has just begun revealing her next chapter.

No comments: