Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

Ty gave me the cutest little plant he'd started as a seed. When I asked him what kind of plant it was, he looked incredibly disappointed in me. He answered as slowly and as sarcastically as an eight year old can muster, "a mother's day one".

The survey confirmed he really isn't listening when I speak because I say, "stuff". As it turns out, I do. But the card about his love growing and growing was precious.


My parents came to town to celebrate Kate's upcoming birthday and see Makenna off to prom. It was nice to spend the day with my mom this year. She bought me a piece of Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate cheesecake for Mother's Day. My husband thought he was going to eat it for me. He was wrong. Dead wrong. Things got a little scary here for a minute.

And Lauren celebrated her first mother's day with two month old Austin. Her visit in June cannot come soon enough.

No comments: