Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Relationships According to Ty

Ty: I know a secret. Erin and Justin are married.
Me: What? I don't think so, buddy.
Ty: But they are. I saw them.
Me: You saw them get married?
Ty: Yes.
Me: Really? When?
Ty: One day in Justin's car.
Me: Erin and Justin got married in Justin's car?
Ty: Yes
Me: Ty, people don't get married in cars.
Ty: Justin did. He kissed Erin right here (points to his lips).
Me: If someone kisses on the lips they are married?
Ty: Yes mom, everyone knows that.
Ty begged me to play doll house with him today. I hesitated because Ty has very strict orders about how we play doll house. The rules have been handed down from sibling to sibling with all the original character names chosen by Erin years ago. The furniture can only go in certain places and everyone has roles that have to be played. One would think I would learn to go with the flow; however, I can't help myself. If I am going to be drug into a game of doll house, I should be allowed to be creative. Or not. I pressed Ty to make some decisions as the dad so he decided we were going to have 13 cats and dogs. The dad in his doll house world makes all the decisions. This dad also does all the work. He flies planes, cleans, cooks, takes care of the kids, grocery shops and takes care of all the animals. I pressed him hardly suppressing my laughter to know what it is the mom does and discovered she sits all day. What in the world???? I apparently pushed back too much and found myself grounded for 100 days. Bring it.



And finally, preschool yoga was on demand today and the kids loved it. The cuteness factor was off the charts with this one. I think it's easy to see which children are two years old. Smile. In the end of the segment, the instructor had the kids rest on the mat. She asked them to close their eyes and keep their bodies still. She then added brilliant advice for all of us. "If you can't be still, nicely tell your body it's time to rest". And with that, we started nap time.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Oh my gosh I wish I could have been there to see all the kids doing yoga!! I love the pictures - the cuteness factor is through the roof!!!I am all smiles now :)

Jill May said...

I want to be grounded for 100 days! And have a nap time, too. Count me in!!! :)