Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nashville!


Every once in a while I need to escape my world and speak in complete sentences so I can be more like Mary Poppins than Cruella Deville as I care for the people in my life. I have been spoiled rotten lately with day trips, weekend get-a ways and girlfriend time. I went years not taking time for me and all of the sudden, multiple reasonable opportunities have presented themselves. I am enjoying it. Kristin had to be in Nashville for a week of conferences where she works insane hours and lives on whatever finger food can be located in hotel conference rooms. We decided to make the most of the free hotel room since I am less than three hours away from her location this time and her weekend wouldn't be too crazy until Sunday.



I honestly didn't feel like a I needed time away so soon after Greg and I took our trip and missed my family immensely.  But Kristin and I had some long talks and quick walks in between her work demands. We enjoyed awesome food and a gorgeous botanical garden. I would have amazing photos from the garden had I not left my camera safely tucked away in the hotel room. Sigh.  These shots were all taken in the stunning Opryland Hotel where we stayed with a few thousand of our closest friends.





As I was leaving town, Greg discovered he needs to have a root canal on Monday. He is rather uncomfortable and can't wait to get it over with. He objects strongly to pain meds and has himself on a Tylenol and Motrin rotation until the procedure. Please keep him in your prayers. I hate to see him so miserable and realize how hard it had to be to hold down the fort while I lingered in Nashville for 48 hours.






4 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love Opryland Hotel!! I am so glad you got some time away and had fun :)

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love Opryland Hotel!! I am so glad you got some time away and had fun :)

TeamWilmore said...

Love that you 2 had some quality friend time!!! We'll continue to pray for Greg and hope the procedure and recovery are as quick and painless as possible!

Jill May said...

I am so glad you got to get away with Kristin for the weekend! How fun!!! I was just thinking the other day that we should do another Indy weekend this winter, we are overdue!!! :)