Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Photo Challenge Day 8

A young man in our community was killed in an ATV accident on Saturday. Calling hours were today. My girls knew the young man but weren't close. Erin had a few classes with him in high school and Lauren hung out with him in the eighth grade. Whereas the shock of a seventeen year old death is always difficult, the girls processed through this relatively peacefully. However, I learned last night that I know his mom. Jackie and I volunteer together at the inner city church program. My grief went from a prayer for an unknown family to having a very real face to associate with that grief. My heart is heavy.

Irony is about the only way to describe my reaction to today's photo challenge word. Laughter. I am seriously not feeling up to it but life with kids tends to move forward no matter the circumstances. Kate was rather busy with friends and I just absorbed the laughter of the kids in my home this afternoon rather than intrude with the camera. But for a much needed smile, check out Ty dressed as a cowboy Mario riding his bike last night. He is so proud of himself.


photo credit Makenna Grace

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

My momma heart is breaking for her. Continuing to pray for that family.

PS I love Cowboy Mario :)