Sunday, June 1, 2014

Photo Challenge Day 5

Today's photo challenge assignment was the word smile. Ty provided my shot immediately. He declared he wanted to remove his training wheels on our way home from Devyn's birthday party last evening. Since it was already bedtime, we held him off until this morning. First thing he wanted after breakfast was the removal of those training wheels. Greg complied and Ty took the bike to the back yard where he was going to learn to ride all by himself. I assumed he'd quickly give up or ask for assistance and started another project. A few minutes later, Ty emerged from the side of the house and asked me to come see something. I followed him anticipating another captured toad or something of that sort; however, I instead watched him ride his bike down the back yard.

Once he arrived, he raised his fist over his head in a celebratory fashion and yelled, "now I am big". This smile is one of pure satisfaction. He is so proud. His goal is to take a big bike ride all the way to Anne's house. He knows who to show off for in order to get proper praise and Anne is good for it every time. However, I have to say I sat and watched with a huge grin upon my face and tears in my eyes. I swear it's training wheels today and a learner's permit tomorrow. They grow up much too fast.
Mom's photo
And now Kate's photo! I am so excited about this one. She started off with a selfie of a traditional smile but I probed her to think outside the box. She accompanied me to the grocery this afternoon armed with the camera and yelled, "Mom, stop the car! I see it!"
photo credit Kate Ryan
Can you see it too? Sister has a great eye.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

So proud of Ty!! And wow, I love Kate's photo - and yes, I see the smile :)