Sunday, November 10, 2013

The weekend

Yesterday I was invited to join two of my favorite people on an adventure. They led me to their magical wonderland behind the tree line on our property. It was an exclusive invitation. Ty is quite the tour guide with very specific warnings and instructions. At one point he very enthusiastically informed me I was responsible for screaming when I step on a snake. No problem, I assured him. No problem.

They eagerly demonstrated the way they climb onto the "bunny home" and slide down. Kate is queen of the hill. She needs a place to be queen.

Greg and I took a walk each morning with Brutus. We thought it would be good to loosen the old boy up a bit. It appeared to help Brutus too. Smile.

I spent quite a bit of my weekend ripping apart and re-working a quilt I would have thrown away by now had I not promised it as a gift.

Lauren's coming to terms with her "hot ride" and Makenna has requested I take her to school in the new van because it is so cool. Makenna dear, it's just a mini van. Seriously, there is nothing cool about a mini van. She's excited about all the new buttons she can  push. She is also pretty pumped about the windows that go up without encouragement and a glove box that opens, also without encouragement. Yep, Lauren's got a hot ride alright.

And finally, the church asked me to write a short devotion for their sermon this weekend. If you care to read it, you can find it here. Someone took the liberty to add several commas and a second "n" to Baughman but otherwise, it was what I was able to create in a very short period of time. I was fairly rushed and distracted, to say the least but it was nice to be asked.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love adventures with little ones - their imaginations are so fun and creative. And I really enjoyed reading your devotional - yes, we all are faulty of trying to do things on our own, we think we can do it all.

PS - ok, for the life of me I cannot figure out what Kate is standing on top of in that second picture...

Baughman Family said...

It's a pile of construction debris. The final piece is a concrete cylinder. Couldn't begin to tell you what it was initially used for.