Saturday, May 4, 2013

Quirky Kids

Imagine if you will, my very tiny neighbor lady taking four children to the local elementary school to surprise her daughter for lunch. Two of those children were Kate and Ty. Two were Laura's 5 and 2 year old kiddos. My son wore his cowboy boots with shorts. Her son, Grady wore his large rain boots with over-sized jeans. They were so big it appeared the giant boots were holding up his pants. And the icing on this particular cake? Violet, the two year old was wearing an inflatable inner tube float that was shaped like a fish. I couldn't stop laughing even though I had approached her to inquire as to her sanity level at that moment. I wish I had my camera. The kids had a great time surprising their friend and despite my concerns, all of the kids were well behaved.

Ty and his cowboy boots are becoming a regular occurrence  He believes he can wear them with anything, and I do mean anything. He has legs so white they practically glow in contrast to his beautiful golden skin tone on the rest of his body because despite wearing shorts most every day, he wears them with boots. He wears them with pajamas. He wears them to church and to the grocery. He wears them everywhere. He doesn't wear them with socks. They smell.

Anne texted this morning that her three year old daughter wore her flower costume to a restaurant for breakfast today. She then chose to attend church as Snow White. It must be three year old prerogative to wear whatever you want in public. They are cute enough to pull it off too.

Erin taught pre-k at church tonight. Ty tagged along. He loves any opportunity he can take to go to church. Afterward, Erin asked if she could take him to his favorite pizza place for a little date night. He once again was entertained by the train delivering drinks to the tables. Erin texted that the energy level was "beyond excitement". I am sure it was. She is an awesome big sister.

3 comments:

Jill May said...

They are precious, and I love that she takes the time to be such a good big sister to him. :)

BrianS said...

Awesome! And what is Anne's blog again? Does she have pics of Snow White attending church? Cracks me up:)

TeamWilmore said...

Erin is an awesome AND beautiful big sister!

I am cracking up over the visual imagine of those sweet kiddos!!! And I think you're right about it being a 3-year-old thing. With Tristan, it was his beloved Spider Man costume. He wore that thing everywhere. And I mean EVERYwhere. I wish I could pull the photo of him in full Spider Man web-shooting pose at the bowling alley in Brookville on a random Thursday (but alas it's on the crashed computer). This was common for us and the whole neighborhood knew him for it and indulged him and I loved them for never making him feel as if it were anything other than completely normal Thursday attire.

I tell you, Ty is ready for a trip to San Antonio!!! Where oh where is that winning lottery ticket????