Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recently Heard

  • I commented on the number of milestone birthdays our family will celebrate this year and Erin started celebrating her 18th early by dancing through the house. I burst into tears. I was exhausted from the week of the flu and was missing my family for New Year's. I get emotional about my kids growing up, even though it is exciting to see them blossom. It was a weak moment for sure. Erin left the scene, bewildered.
  •  One evening this week, Kate and I were sharing a salad when she looked at me and quite seriously stated, "you know, now that I am older I think the minutes go by faster".  
  • On two separate occasions, both Kenna and Greg mentioned Ty "needing" more Legos.
  • Out of the blue Ty yelled, "butt crack". I responded with my stern Mommy look to which he replied, "I just have to say it sometimes, Mom". 
  • Ty was having a meltdown and Erin suggested we get a padded shed outside to put him in when he's having a fit. This ladies and gentlemen is precisely why teens should not be parents.  
  • Ty cuddled up to me at bedtime and let me know he was never going to let me go. I told him I needed to go sleep with Daddy. Ty was quiet a minute and declared Daddy needed to be a big boy. 
  • I got a text from Jennifer today asking how I was feeling. I cracked up. She's not even supposed to have her phone and  she was texting me from Cleveland Clinic's ICU! I love her. Her leg was saved for now but she faces more surgery once infection is cleared up. Keep praying. She's awesome. And to answer Jenn's question, I'm fine, just concerned for her.


No comments: