Thursday, January 3, 2013

Good morning

It appears I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed today. It was the side my son peed in overnight. Did I mention it was MY bed? That my friends is a rude awakening. Greg started Ty's bath while I stripped the bed and started laundry. There was a knock at the door noting the local water guy finally found time to stop by and discuss our outlandish water bills. It was 16 degrees and I did not invite him in because I was covered in pee. Greg joined him on the porch and I wrapped up Ty's bath while he screamed because he didn't want a bath. You smell like pee. I smell like pee. This is not okay by any mother's standards but most certainly not mine. You will be clean! There were protests about how I was washing his hair and using the wrong towel, etc. It was not my shining mother moment as I finished the task in silence because my brain was saying lots of ugly things. Given I had yet to ingest even a drop of tea, I believe my filter deserves a lot of credit. I will take the credit here because within minutes, that same filter would fail me. Greg reentered the scene once the bed was remade for him and offered to make a cup of tea. I took his head off for allowing the water to run until it was warm so he could make it quickly. You know the "liquid gold" we are trying to conserve? Yeah, that water. My head was spinning off my shoulders and I couldn't see straight. That poor man was confused. He just wanted to make his wife a cup of tea. He tried to agree with me about saving water where we could but then pointed out the method in which our teens do their laundry and my head started to once again spin so I walked away. After some deep breathing exercises I returned to find my husband had wisely just gone to bed. That poor man.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love you even more after reading this post....I get it, I totally understand, I am the same way, except insert coffee for the tea :)