Thursday, January 24, 2013

Now

When one of our children does something unusual, we tend to blame the spouse we think is responsible for that particular quirk. This may not be the healthiest way to communicate but it works for us. At 4:30 a.m. my son appeared in my bedroom announcing his blocks needed to be put away. I asked if he needed to go potty in response because that is usually what brings him into my room in the middle of the night. He went and then again told me his blocks needed to be put away. I assured him a few legos stacked on his lego table would be fine if left until morning. He disagreed. I finally consented with a half coherent, "suit yourself, I am going back to bed". Sure enough, he put away the legos before going back to sleep.

Greg walked into the bedroom this morning as my alarm went off. I told him about our night and took ownership. This time, Ty is all mine. Whether it is reasonable or not, once I know something needs done around here, I want it done immediately. An example of this would be addressing the water leak that is wearing me out. Living without hot water and knowing we still have a slow leak anyway does not make for a very patient wife. I know it is a process but I also know time is literally money on this one. We received a $415 electric bill yesterday because of the constant demand on the water heater until we discovered which line was effected. Our water bill will be around the $600 mark because our usage has doubled with the leak. I know this is a season of patience for me but there comes a time when it just needs addressed. Now is good.

Our plumber thinks he may have the leak isolated but it is a hide and seek game of sorts that involves jack hammering up my foundation in specific locations. It will be lovely and match the drywall we've also cut holes through beautifully. Or not. It's a mess but I am ready to do something....anything to stop the madness. Taking his time though may have had a benefit. Toney's been contacting other plumbers to discuss options and thinks he may be able to re-route our water lines through the attic with a product used in really cold environments that expands when it freezes. If it works, we will save thousands and reconstruction. Now, to get my husband and plumber to see the need to start ASAP? Please!

3 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Hope it gets resolved quickly!

Jill May said...

Are you sure that you don't want to try the "serenity now" chant? It can be screamed at the top of your lungs as many times as needed.

TeamWilmore said...

Sherri and Jill ... Matt is a huge fan of "serenity now!" I will plead the 5th, though, if you ask me at whom it is most often directed.

How about Calgon? Nevermind, that would involve water which would probably not induce the desired relaxing effect.