Tuesday, September 25, 2012

When I am 100

While sitting in the salon last night, a very cute little elderly lady came in for her appointment with my beautician. She was the classiest little lady I have ever seen. When I say she was well dressed, I mean she was really well dressed. Think Anne Taylor complete with the perfect jewelry. She admired my hair and discussed if it was maybe a bit too short for her. Under normal circumstances, someone that age debating if my hair may be a bit too short for them would make me cringe because it would reflect how old I must look; however, this darling little lady was so classy, I was complimented. As she was led back to be shampooed, I asked Rose if she happened to know how old she was. SHE WAS 100! She came in with her daughter and was headed to dinner afterward! I couldn't get over it. She was adorable and I have not stopped smiling about her since. I have little hope of ever looking that put together but maybe by the time I am 100, I'll have it figured out. Apparently, my hair is on it's way without me!

No comments: