Saturday, September 22, 2012

Eleventeen?

I was slaving over a bag of microwave popcorn last night after little man and I explored the creek. As Ty said, it had very tiny water in it. Anyway, I was popping popcorn to keep him occupied until the girls called to be picked up from the football game. He was counting down along with the microwave. I was stunned. This was the first time I'd heard him count, much less backward. He is rather stubborn about these things but here he was, "eighteen, seventeen, fourteen, eleven-teen, forty-teen"...okay, maybe not. But he was cute and determined none the less.
 
Erin's friends had to work last night so she took her favorite seven year old to the football game with her. It made Kate's day. They had a great time bonding.

When looking through Erin's phone to see what photos she took at the game, I noted this one from earlier in the day. It isn't often I can catch Lauren willing to be photographed so I requested it as well.



1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

She may not realize it - but Erin choosing to take Kate with her will be a memory that Kate will remember for the rest of her life. Having a sister 10 years older than I am, I know what it's like to be included in the "big sister" activities. That was so very sweet of Erin.