Thursday, May 24, 2012

This and That

Ty looked at me with the most serious expression on his face and said, "That's it. I am not coming here anymore".  I quietly thought to myself, "me either". I wouldn't actually run away but an hour alone wouldn't hurt.  When Aiden is upset with Ty, he threatens to leave and not come back. Ty has yet to realize Aiden does get to leave each day whereas he is rather stuck with me.

Start to count toes for Mr. Colby and that sweet boy says, "two" and then seconds later adds, "three". He also likes to talk about toes, feet, Ty, Mommy, trucks, choo-choos and most importantly, snacks to which he always needs "more". His vocabulary is growing daily now and it is so much fun to watch him learn and express himself. He is a toddler growing and learning in a house with older boys who don't always play nicely so he knows things like smacking others to get what he wants, how to tell adults "no" and what it means to sit in time out. The toddler years have arrived but I still find him adorable.

Kate and I started reading all the American Girl box sets after Christmas this year. We've completed four sets so far with Kit being our favorite. Once we finish each set of six books, we donate them to Kate's class at school where several little girls are are also enjoying them. I will miss this season with her and can't believe we've passed through it three times before. Somehow I don't think Ty would be as enthused. (Nor would Greg!)

Makenna joined Lauren at school tonight to watch a musical. I love how Lauren is taking her sister under her wing to introduce her to friends, teachers and administrators prior to starting school in August. Tonight the director spent some time getting to know her and teasing Lauren. Community Montessori doesn't wrap up the school year until next Friday which is a challenge with all their neighborhood friends already on summer break.


1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

"that's it. i'm not coming here anymore!" Cracks me up - I love that boy!!!