Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfulness

I recently finished Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are and started my own gratitude journal. The premise is to recognize all the many blessings or gifts given each of us by God. The book opened with the author's eye witness account of her four year old sister's sudden death and being raised by a mother in constant grief and a father who questions a God who would allow such senseless tragedy. She was honest and raw. Her personal journal recording her initial 1000 gifts was intertwined throughout applicable scripture, biblical truth and her journey toward total faith in a loving God who extends grace in all aspects of life. It was beautiful and challenging. Beyond the obvious blessings of my family, health and home, simple gifts are being noted.
1. giggles
2. post bath time baby scents
3. bedtime prayers and stories
4. sofa cushion forts
5. Colby and Ty napping at the same time!
6. hot showers
7. morning cup of tea prepared by Greg
8. imaginations at work
9. random phone call from a friend
10. evening walks
I'm just starting this journey of gratitude and look forward to seeing what God plans to do with me in the process.

2 comments:

Jill May said...

I am so thankful for you, my friend! Love you!!!!!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love your list!