Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh Boy.



Imaginative play and castle building lead to snuggle time.....


Colby wasn't feeling well or that level of cuddling would not have occurred. He is much too busy for that! Ty recently discovered a "big truck blanket" in the closet and has to have it for nap time, playtime and bedtime. It was a baby gift from a friend and co-worker of Greg's. It is being put to great use these days.

Firetrucks, construction vehicles and animals (especially dinosaurs) are of interest and so is risk taking on any level for Ty. Yesterday, he told Greg he wanted to take his bike upstairs to play. Greg told him no because it was not safe. Ty still attempted to get the bike up the stairs after saying, "I know". Lord help me. I knew he jumped into situations without thinking but I now know he can calculate the risks and will still dive in. Once again, Lord help me.

2 comments:

angel0199 said...

Have you read "bringing Up Boys"? One difference from girls he points out is the ability to learn from pain. If a girl hurts herself on something she will probably stay far away from it for a long time. If a boy hurts himself doing something he figures he just didn't do it right or was unlucky and will try it again. (Like oh a broke my leg jumping off the roof, maybe next time I should jump from the other side.) Keep that first aid kit stocked!

Baughman Family said...

I read that book years ago out of curiosity. Sounds like it's time to re-visit that one! He brings me so much joy but I am shaking my head in disbelief regularly!