Saturday, May 14, 2022

Mother's Day(ish)


The ancient art form of kintsugi has always fascinated me. It's the ability to convert something broken and recreate it beautifully. The correlation to life can't be missed. For those who love deeply, the brokenness is unavoidable. As a culture, we tend to hide the ugly and flawed but kintsugi highlights those areas with pure gold, celebrating the journey and recognizing the growth. Looking at shattered lives, dreams and love will never be the same. God is the gold making something of beauty out of our splintered hearts. So for Mother's day this year, I ordered myself a piece to display for remembrance. Whereas I would never elect to be hurt, I am stronger for it.








Erin and I hiked on Mother's Day after Kate and I traveled to Dayton together on Saturday. It was a full weekend of love and laughter. I was able to see friends and I always love quality time with one of my kiddos. It was a good weekend. 

Kate and I stopped along a rural area and I snapped a photo of the field behind the gas station. She attempted to make fun of me for it but did not realize someone had pulled up to the pump behind her with windows down. As Kate pointed across the street and exclaimed how beautiful she believed the Wendy's was, the lady in the car looked bewildered and nudged her passenger to look at the weird teenager admiring Wendy's. I somehow managed to keep a straight face until we were back on the road. I then roared with laughter and thanked Kate for making that lady's day. Maybe she will be kinder to her mother the next time she admires something unusual? This is highly doubtful. 


Based exclusively upon his failure to punctuate correctly and misusing the word their, his request was denied. 






She too, despite her creative plea, remained at school all week.

Lauren, Taylor and Austin are in town for a wedding. Our house is their final destination tomorrow and we can't wait for day together. It is then that we are celebrating both Mother's and Father's Day. We decided to toss in Kate's birthday too, for good measure. 





No comments: