Sunday, March 27, 2022

Birthdays

Thursday, Kate and Makenna drove to Georgia. I miss the group and love them all but having only one week off after the last few months, I chose rest over travel. Saturday, I read, napped, ate, read and napped some more. My upcoming Spring break week is planned around the hope of more days just like that. 

A neighborhood first grader rang the doorbell and asked if Kate could come out to play. She babysat for another neighbor this week and ended up with a yard full of small friends. Apparently she made an impression. Adorable.

The inside is inscribed, "survivor". Everyone cried when she opened it. 



I called Erin to wish her a happy birthday and she rushed me off the phone within seconds because she needed to keep the line available for Austin to call. It's important to know how one rates on the priority list. But she turned twenty-seven Wednesday and Greg quietly celebrated a birthday Thursday. We can't quite wrap our heads around how we are old enough for a daughter her age, nor do we understand how it happened so quickly. I guess we blinked. 

Someone is in his seat and he is not pleased.


Greg, the sacrificial one, picked all the purple Starburst jelly beans from the bowl so Ty and I were able to eat with abandon. He is a giver. 





Kate and Pip came to school with me one day this week so my fourth grade students could meet them both. Pip had a spa evening in preparation for his big day. Both did a great job and that evening, a teacher text asking about Kate's availability to babysit sometime.






Austin started soccer with his mom as the assistant coach. Rumor has it, he only likes going for the snacks. 


Austin grabbed Kate's phone to take a selfie. Not to brag, but he clearly inherited his selfie skills from his Mimi. Goodness, I love this boy.

No comments: