Friday, January 7, 2022

Snow Days!

Lauren and Taylor spent the week staying in our guest room but primarily visited with Taylor's family around his Grandma's funeral. We were honestly thrilled when the weather changed their travel plans and they got to spend Austin's first ever snow day with us. There was sledding behind the Jeep, snowballs tossed at Mimi, silly dog shenanigans and hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows. It was perfect. 

Here are the photos in no particular order because Blogger is glitching and I don't actually think anyone cares that it appears our grandson had multiple cups of hot cocoa. He didn't. His parents were there. 😏








This is where I wondered if I should be intervening. Lauren grinned a little too much when she got into the driver seat to pull Taylor around the neighborhood. The result is further down the thread.











Lauren laughed and laughed as she spun tires, kicking snow into Taylor's face. She is sweet. 






Ty and I ran out "before it got bad" to pick up his new glasses. We regretted our decision when the people ahead of us slid down the hill backwards on our way home. We made it but local roads were treacherous. 

We spent some time together last weekend before kicking off what ended up being a short week. It was just enough time to hug some school kiddos before we were home again. We have no complaints.

Kate pulled out a cookie kit we were gifted late in the season. 




Incohearent has quickly become a family favorite game. The kids are constantly grabbing a few cards to play with each other. (Fair warning: the red cards are not family friendly if interested)



Hot cocoa options expanded. 




These two have reminded us so much of someone we miss very much around here. 


Taylor's stepmom thinks she knows me. 

This morning my grandson and I had breakfast while his exhausted parents slept in, waiting on roads to clear for the trek home later in the day. We then played with play dough and he made me a special tea. 



And then the house got quiet again. Too quiet. But I cleaned and washed bedding and towels for a guest coming next week. Makenna showed up with lunch and plans to catch an episode of a show we used to watch together. Quiet is okay too, I suppose. 


1 comment:

Siehl Family said...

I LOVE your mug! I know someone else who could use that! LOL